Buying with MUA
There's nothing complicated about buying at Mid Ulster Auctions. We like to keep things straightforward and make every effort to offer our customers what they are looking for in price, choice and convenience.
Ways to Bid
Bidding to suit everyone
Customers who are unable to attend the auction can register for Live On-Line Bidding.
- First you must register for an account with MUA to bid online, this only take 5 minutes to do.
- Once you have successfully registered your account you must login, this will allow you to see auctions currently on going or upcoming. You will be required to pay a predetermined deposit amount by Credit or Debit Card in order to avail of this service unless you are a MUA Loyalty Card Holder (refundable if no purchase made).
Bidding in person onsite
- You will be required to pay a predetermined deposit amount either by Cash or by Credit/Debit card unless you are a MUA Loyalty Card Holder; please confirm the deposit amount with our office (refundable if no purchase made).
- You will then be asked the following: Name, Company Name, Address, Telephone Number, Fax Number, Mobile, VAT Registration Number (where applicable). Photographic Identification may be required from time to time.
- The Bidder Number is pre-printed on your Auction Catalogue. Winning Bids are assigned to the relevant Bidder Number as the Lots are sold. Bidder Numbers are unique for each Auction. Please note that one invoice will be provided per Bidder Number; splitting of invoices is not permitted.
Customers who are unable to bid live online or attend the auction, can place preliminary bids online.
- Pre-bidding is open to all bidders who have active accounts having completed the registration process. Not registered? First you must register for an account with MUA, this only takes 5 minutes to do.
- Login to your account.
- You will be required to pay a predetermined deposit amount by Credit or Debit Card in order to avail of this service unless you are a MUA Loyalty Card Holder (refundable if no purchase made).
- A pre-bid is the maximum bid placed on an item(s) at any time prior to the lot being offered for live bidding. Your pre-bid will be represented through our software automated technology during the live auction – Your pre-bid could be the winning bid if no other bidder submits a higher bid during either the pre-bid phase or the live auction. Note: When there’s a tie between pre-bid and live bid amounts, the live bidder prevails as the highest bidder on the item.
- Simply select the lot you wish to place a pre-bid on.
- On the lot details page insert your maximum bid above the main picture of the item.
- You will now receive an email to confirm your bid.
- Alternatively, during a live auction you can place a pre-bid via the bidding application; Click the lot from the scrolling catalogue on the live bidding platform and place your pre-bid.
- Should you need further assistance, please avail of our free 'live chat' via the homepage.
Registering a commission bid
Bidders who are unable to attend the auction or bid online have the option of using our Commission Bid Service.
- To place a Commission Bid you must be registered and assigned a Bidder Number by the office.
- The Commission Bid service requires Bidders to specify the desired Lots and the maximum price to be bid on each Lot. Bidders must also state their preference on choice Lots. Remember to allow for the Auctioneers Commission.
- Commission Bidders should note that their maximum bid will not be the initial opening bid, rather the Auctioneer will start the bidding as normal and bidding will increase in regular increments with Mid Ulster Auctions Representative bidding until the Maximum Commission Bid has been outbid or the Commission Bidder is successful.
What are the benefits of buying with MUA?
Whether it's an entire plant or a single asset, we can sell it.
No Fixed Asking Price
No Artificial Price Manipulation
Fair Market Value
Choice & Selection
Ability to Inspect, Test and Compare
Professional Support & Advice